Printed colours not the same as on monitor.

longbelly 14:59 11 Nov 2006

When viewing photos on my monitor (Iiyama flat panel) they seem fine, just right; but when printed out they appear different - darker hues. I have tried different paper settings but little difference. Is there some other adjustment that I need to carry out?

I am using PrintShopPro (version 7) with Win XP SP2 and have changed my printer to Epson Stylus Photo R220 which works fine except for this.

Forum Editor 15:15 11 Nov 2006

on this subject.

When you see colours on your screen you're seeing radiated colours - they appear rich and vibrant because the screen is illuminated. The colour on the paper that comes out of the printer is reflected colour - what you see is the light that's being reflected by the inks on the page, and they don't always match what you saw on the screen.

The reasons for this are many and complex, and there's not enough space to discuss them here. Suffice it to say that the problem can be solved, and if you click here you'll be able to read a good introduction into the ways and means of doing it.

Ikelos 15:23 11 Nov 2006

well put china.............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?