Printable cd-r

tony-guitar 18:43 09 Jun 2008

Hi guys, does anyone know where i can buy printable cd-r's but with a GLOSS white surface instead of the usual matt finish? (25 spindle would be good!) Cheers - Tony

jack 18:48 09 Jun 2008

But I suspect only the Matt finish will take the Ink
I do have glossy plain CD-Rs but they dont take the ink.
I do seem to recall seeing in a Computer Fair once
Self adhesive clear film disks to put over printed tops.
If such a thing exists - Google will know.

€dstowe 18:59 09 Jun 2008

It is possible to get an aerosol varnish for optical disks. The main reason for it is to waterproof the inkjet image but it does give a reasonable gloss (or matt) finish.

click here

Ditch999 22:59 09 Jun 2008

APR Media have them. click here
They are a good company with good products at good prices!

Chas49 23:20 09 Jun 2008

No idea of the quality but I saw packs of 7 in Poundland - as the name suggests £1. I did buy some ordinary DVD's from there some time ago - they were OK. Worth a try?

I bought a cylinder of DVD +R's from Maplin on Saturday - 100 TDK for £14.99. TDK used to make good cassette tapes - I hope their disks are the same!

tony-guitar 21:45 10 Jun 2008

thanks for your help

Technotiger 21:47 10 Jun 2008

TDK are I believe, one of the best!

tony-guitar 18:15 11 Jun 2008

Hi guys thanks for all your responses, to Ditch999 i've checked out aprmedia, and at £18.45 with p&p they're not cheap, but its what i want, and to Chas49, where can i get them please?

Stuartli 19:00 11 Jun 2008

No need just to believe...:-)

In fact, like Taiyo Yuden, its products are rebadged by many other top brand names.

In the past Kodak has rebadged TDK blank videotapes under its own name.

tony-guitar

Re Chas49 source - as he stated, Poundland. It's a chain of stores which sells every item in stock at a fixed price of, yes, you've guessed it...:-)

One branch has just opened up in my town and, to be honest, I was rather surprised by the generally high quality of the goods on sale.

Much of it is from top brand names and at prices normally around two-thirds or even less than in the major supermarkets.

That, of course, gives the clue as to where the supermarkets' major share of their profits are most likely made.

One simple example. Imperial Leather soap is £1.48 for four bars (or sometimes six bars when on offer) at the major supermarkets; Poundland charges, as you will again rightly assume, a pound.

Chas49 20:14 11 Jun 2008

tony-guitar:

The disks I saw in Poundland were matt finished - but other members have given you an idea of what top do.

Ref: Poundland - they have web sites. Have a look at: click here - you may find where a local store is.

I have Lightscribe - very disappointed with the quality and have returned to a Bic Permanent Marker.

Chas49 20:15 11 Jun 2008

top do? - to do!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone