print spooler service is not available

Bribabby 19:16 24 Jan 2011

Can anyone help me on this one before I remove what is left of my hair? I have an Epson DX7400 printer/ scanner. I recently changed the ink cartridges (for approved Epson ones).On starting up the printer it won't run. The red ink button is flashing.I have uninstalled all the epson software and attempted to re-install from the CDit loads everything except the printer driver. I have downloaded the driver from Epson,but the message I get on screen is "Operation could not be completed, print spooler service is not running" HELP!!!!

rdave13 19:24 24 Jan 2011

Go to services and scroll down to Print Spooler. Double click on it and make sure it's started and set to automatic.

rdave13 19:28 24 Jan 2011

In XP type services.msc in the run option on the start menu. In Vista and 7 type services in the start/search box.

robin_x 22:26 24 Jan 2011

I had a spooler problem last year that required to stop then restart (Right Click) it to cure a problem.

Can't remember the details but it took me ages to find bceause the spooler appeared to be running fine.

woodchip 23:19 24 Jan 2011

You need to remove all epson From Add Remove and Printer Folder. Also do a search for Epson and delete all. Then Plug Printer in but do not switch on until CD software starts searching for the printer, you need to watch the screen and turn it on as soon as it starts looking for it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone