print screen problems

macduck 14:05 12 Feb 2006

i'm having trouble trying to print what is on my desktop so that i can show other users what i am doing. I've tried pressing the alt printscreen sysrq but i seem to be getting nowhere, can anyone help.

Diodorus Siculus 14:08 12 Feb 2006

When you press printscreen sysrq you get an image onto your clipboard. Paste it into a word document or irfanview.

macduck 16:10 12 Feb 2006

it might sound stupid but how do you open clipboard up' i can't seem to find it

Skyver 16:13 12 Feb 2006

The clipboard just stores information, you paste what's stored in it to the relevant program. After doing what you described (alt prtscrn), follow Diodorus Siculus' post and load an image program, and select Edit/Paste, or press Ctrl+V - the image you just saved to the clipboard will be pasted into the program.
click here

anskyber 17:53 12 Feb 2006

Or you could download this from PCA click here

iscanut 20:30 12 Feb 2006

Just remember, highlight what you want to copy, hold down the keys ALT and C together. This makes a copy.Open up Word, excel, paint shop or any other text editor or similar, then press ALT and V together. This will produce the saved screen, text or whatever you had copied. So with the desktop, just use ALT C, open up the program that you want to copy it into, then press ALT V.

iscanut 20:33 12 Feb 2006

Sorry, got carried away..Should have said CTRL C and CTRL V rather than ALT....

jakimo 23:01 15 Feb 2006

Highlight the text \area you wish to print,click file, then print. in the box that appears tick selection,and the printer will print the text highlighted

Kev.Ifty 01:06 16 Feb 2006

Here is my method... ;-)

With the screen showing that you wish to capture. Hit the 'Print Screen' button. The one next to f12.

Goto START/PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/PAINT.

When Paint opens. Select the SELECT Tool (the dotted rectangle) in the tool bar.

click here

Right click on the new canvass and select PASTE... Now you should have a copy of the captured 'Screen Shoot'

Edit it from there. If you wish to share the image. IMAGESHACK is as good as any. click here

Kev.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?