print preview different to print on paper

brian102 19:33 13 Aug 2006

After saving a word document as something different i cut and pasted a lot of the words to get a fixture list. When finished i printed and noticed 2 teams were printed on top of each other. When i delete the original team it still prints the other one even though it doesn't show on either the screen or the print preview. I just cant get rid of it. I am on windows XP, Office XP and using an HP photosmart printer directly connected to the laptop.
HELP

Diodorus Siculus 19:37 13 Aug 2006

Try copy and paste into a new document.

brian102 19:38 13 Aug 2006

I tried that and the (ghost) word went with it unfortunately

Wak 19:50 13 Aug 2006

Just a shot in the dark but check the colours of the font.
Did you cut and paste something that was using a white font on a coloured background as this wouldn't show up on screen but would show up when printed if your printer was told to use black only!!!

brian102 20:14 13 Aug 2006

Thanks. Tried that but still no different. Tried to change loads of settings 1 at a time but still no joy.

wiz-king 20:35 13 Aug 2006

Have you looked at the document in edit mode ( backward P in the tool bar) you may have pasted part of a table and not known it. I don't know what this function is called but it shows you all punctuation marks etc. Also try and put you cursor where the word is and see if someone has used 'hidden! text.

brian102 20:53 13 Aug 2006

Think i may have found it in outline view and deleted it. Just going to try it. Thanks

brian102 21:03 13 Aug 2006

Hurray it worked. Thanks to everyone for their help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?