print photo

carnoustiejim 14:51 08 Jan 2008

hi im trying to print picture from a dvd i ran film to where i wanted to save picture then paused it, when i press print screen it copys background as well how do i save picture alone thanks kirriejim

anchor 15:08 08 Jan 2008

I use WinDVD to play DVD`s.

On the controls there is an small image of a camera. You can pause the movie, then click on this image, and a still picture is captured, (as a bmp file). You can save this to your computer. It can subsequently be opened in your graphic programme, adjusted if necessary, and printed.

N.B. Print screen will capture everything on your monitor screen.

MAJ 15:11 08 Jan 2008

Snagit click here should do it for you, although using Alt + Print screen will capture the open window only. A little manipulation is a graphics package to finish, will help.

anchor 15:32 08 Jan 2008

MAJ: I am a great fan of Snagit, use it frequently, and would recommend it to all.

However, I find the WinDVD method far better in this particular case.

carnoustiejim does not say what programme he/she is using to play the DVD.

carnoustiejim 15:51 08 Jan 2008

thanks for advice

MAJ 15:57 08 Jan 2008

I don't use WinDVD, I use PowerDVD, I don't think PowerDVD has that option, so you would know better than I would. Must see if I can pick up a cheap copy of WinDVD, thanks for that info, very useful.

anchor 13:48 09 Jan 2008

I am not familiar with PowerDVD, so cannot comment on what features it has.

For Win DVD 7; (not the very latest version 8), at reasonable cost: £13.42 incl:

click here

Technotiger 13:53 09 Jan 2008

With this you can capture just the picture, or any part of screen ... click here

anchor 09:58 10 Jan 2008

Technotiger: I am not familiar with FastStone Capture, but SnagIt does the same.

Technotiger 10:03 10 Jan 2008

Good morning friend, I am in the same position regarding Snagit, which I am sure is fine, but I am not familiar with it and have never used it.

Technotiger 10:05 10 Jan 2008

Another way I have often grabbed pictures from DVD/VHS and or TV, is by using the Capture feature in WinTV Go from Hauppage

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone