Print Labels in Word 2007 from Excel

bartonside 14:28 19 Jan 2010

I have been trying to set up a label printing programme, following the instruction in Help. I have printed these out and followed them faithfully but keep grinding to a halt in Step 3 - Linking the worksheet data to the labels in the mail merge. Everything is OK up to instruction 4, clicking on MS Excel Worksheets via DDE(*.xls).
Then I get a blank nworksheet and a security warning which is not referred to in the instructions so I Disable it. This is where things grind to a halt, It says "In the Microsoft Office Excel dialogue box, for Named or cell range select the worksheet that contains the info you want to merge and click OK. I can't find Named or cell range and I presume that the dialogue box is the Office Button in the top left hand corner and Named or cell range isn't in there. Please can someone help me? I am DESPERATE - I have to print about 300 labels next week and I cannot make this system work. I am running Windows 7.

bartonside 15:30 19 Jan 2010

No need to message me - I have solved the problem. It was unfamiliarity with Word 2007 that floored me. I discovered the Mail Merge Wizard is still there (which I have used before) and it worked fine! I just wonder why Microsoft have produced this long and complex document when the Wizard is easy to deal with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?