Print full A4.

Thomas71 23:22 29 Apr 2010

I have printed borderless A4 pages before, but for some reason I can't get it to work anymore.
I have a HP Photosmart C5180 all in one, and am printing images made in Photoshop CS4.

The image in Photoshop is one size, but is printed another size.

Any help please.

northumbria61 23:37 29 Apr 2010

In your printer - You should have something in "Printing Preferences" under the heading "Paper/Quality" or similar.

Besides the option to select "Borderless Printing" there should be an option to "Borderless Auto Fit"
Put a tick in both of these.

BT 07:37 30 Apr 2010

Is it something to do with the paper you select. On my Epson it will only allow Borderless on Glossy Photo type paper.

northumbria61 21:32 30 Apr 2010

BT - I am referring to an HP Photosmart although not an all-in-one - however the same settings should apply.

As above -under heading "Paper/Quality then "Paper Options" then "Source Is" I have the option "Automatically Select" Or "Main Tray" - so if I am printing A4 whether it be plain paper or glossy (you would have to have that paper type in your tray) the printer would automatically direct it to Main Tray. Likewise if I want to print a photo say 4 x 6 ins. the printer would automatically direct it to "Photo Tray" where I have the glossy photo paper.

You say "On my Epson it will only allow Borderless on Glossy Photo type paper "
Well if you have Plain Paper in your tray it would have to print to plain paper - yes even Borderless.

northumbria61 21:34 30 Apr 2010

I should have made it clear that I have a dual size paper tray on my HP Photosmart 8250 - however I am not sure about the printer you have.

Thomas71 21:59 30 Apr 2010

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have an auto fix option. The best I have are bellow the borderless option and are,
Print at actual size and scale to paper size. Neither of these make a full A4 print!

I have had some time to go through loads of the options and have found a way to achieve
Borderless, but I'm sure I'm making it harder than need be. But still it works.

What I did, under size options.

Size>More>Metric>Executive A4. Borderless.

northumbria61 22:12 30 Apr 2010

Well at least you have achieved something. I can't advise any further but there may be something here that would help.

click here

northumbria61 22:15 30 Apr 2010

There could be something in this LIST that may help you.

click here

northumbria61 22:17 30 Apr 2010

Also here - click here

woodchip 22:52 30 Apr 2010

My Epson R620 Does Borderless

woodchip 08:59 01 May 2010

Sorry my Epson is a RX620 ad will print full borderless on plain A4 paper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017