Print Email addresses only from Address Book

Redlegs 16:42 26 Jul 2007

Hi all !! , any one discovereed how to prepare a handy list from "Address Book " of just names and Email addresses ??(for PC--not Mac) ta!,Redlegs.

Tim1964 16:52 26 Jul 2007

If you select File> Export> Email address (Contacts in Vista) and select CSV (comma separated values) and save it to somewhere you'll find easily. The resulting file is an Excel file and can be printed/manipulated/sorted as required.

I have a copy on a web based email service (Hotmail) because the list is then accessible from any net connected PC. Remember to take a printout when on holiday.

Hope that helps.

Stuartli 17:20 26 Jul 2007

The method is detailed in the Outlook Express Help files (key in Printing Address Book Information).

Redlegs 18:13 26 Jul 2007

Tim1964, thanks muchly --- just what I wanted and I got a choice of several "combinations"!!

To Stuartli ,-- thank you for the note, and for taking the time -- my mate and I ( in South Aust ) had flogged that Help file to death , and could not get just Email addresses , tho it did appear to be available for Macs ( after I Googled ) I might revisit with renewed confidence !! --and I'd better get to bed--- it's 2.45 am !!! cheers , Redlegs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?