Print command

Bucket Head 16:50 28 Aug 2006

I tried to set up my Mrs on my Pc with an account. Everything okay except whenever she clicked on "print" in any application, the "Save as" command came up. What can I do?

silverous 16:58 28 Aug 2006

Is there a printer defined in the printers under her account?

Bucket Head 18:19 28 Aug 2006

Yes, the printer shows up on the control panel option for printers.

VoG II 18:25 28 Aug 2006

Does the same thing happen with Print on the File menu?

Bucket Head 18:49 28 Aug 2006

Yes, the same thing happens - instead of the printer driver, "save as" comes up.

silverous 19:16 28 Aug 2006

Presumably your account is ok?

That's odd, and there's little evidence of it happening to anyone else out there on the net.

What printer is set to be her default?

Eric10 20:24 28 Aug 2006

I think silverous has hit the nail on the head. I've just experimented and set the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer as the default printer and then printing behaved just like you described. When I set my default printer back to my normal printer and it was okay again.

skidzy 20:28 28 Aug 2006

This may help by restoring your toolbar.
Ive had a look around and seems that your or/similar problem originates from working with MS-Word + office...why i dont know.If the above suggestions do not work try this click here if this dosn't work,please post back.If you have any more info for us...let us know.

Hope this helps.

Bucket Head 21:08 28 Aug 2006

Changed default printer - now works Thanks! The only problem now is my attempts to logonto internet come to nought - password not recognised!!! How could this happen? (using another pc now)...

silverous 08:22 29 Aug 2006

Sounds like a completely different problem.. Best start a new thread to get max chanvces of solving!

Bucket Head 07:50 30 Aug 2006

thanks for your help...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires