Previous Posting on Norton Internet Secuirty 2007

danpep5552 11:01 20 Oct 2006

I have purchased this and it seems to work fine, with one exception. The programme is protecting my computer from Microsoft Fax, a programme I rely on. I uninstalled NIS and hey presto the fax which had suddenly stopped loading, loaded. I tried Windows Defender as recommended for two days before receiving the NIS CD with no problems. However when I went back this am to this programme after uninstall NIS, that stopped my fax working as well. I went onto Symantec but as usual no humans are involved in any help. I delved into the inners of NIS to try and find a way to get it to ignore MS Fax with no luck. When I uninstalled NIS 2007 it took my Norton AV 05 with it and I have had to reinstall that. Ironically after loading back AV 05 it blocked a worm intrusion attempt, in the log the intrusion was by MS Fax. Surely it should not have tried to block this and despite its boast of having done so MS fax loaded correctly. Back to the quill for me.

birdface 11:15 20 Oct 2006

Hi,Had NIS a few years ago,There was a program in there,that you either Allowed Or denied access to.You could also add programs to this list,But unfortunately I cant quite remember how it was done,I am sure someone with an up to date norton internet security installed will be able to put you on the right tracks.

danpep5552 11:19 20 Oct 2006

Yes I got into there somehow, add physically added MS Fax from programmes and unfortunately it didnt help. I probably incorrectly added this. I havent time to fiddle all day so I uninstalled in time restricted frustration

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?