previewing mail in Mailwasher??"safe" to do so

end 22:14 12 Dec 2004

I have no problem with that, but, am wondering if so doing actually alerts whoever that the e mail address is "active"; reason: i seem to be attracting more spam now ;

I use win 98se and IE but NOT OE as I read my mail off the server; the Mailwasher does a grand job for me, but my previewing the "odd" messages to ensure they ARE for chuck out , am wondering if in so doing I am somehow alerting someone that the address is "active"...how, I have no idea>>>>

I seem to be attracting more lunch-meat than is welcome on my table::(((

VoG II 22:17 12 Dec 2004

No it doesn't tell the sender anything unless they have click here

PhiltheFragger 22:36 12 Dec 2004

When mailwasher cane out, it was all the rage to bounce the spam back to the sender,

This had 2 problems

First, it clogged up the super highway with more crud.

secondly, the senders could tell it was a mailwasher based return message, so they knew that they had a valid Email address, these get passed on and result in even more crud.

The Rule is turn off bouncing on mailwasher

Just delete & blacklist

end 22:39 12 Dec 2004

oh joy oh joy

probably just my luck that that is exactly what they have got;
I think I too need to use Easterners "Notice to Spammers", judging by the suggestive items I am expected to try::)))

end 22:43 12 Dec 2004

and since when can they tell that it IS a mailwasher returned item?
and, yes, I confess I do bounce mail

OK folks , dont all have a go at once; one at a time if you please ; I"ll get my boxing gloves on ready and my hard hat::(((

VoG II 22:46 12 Dec 2004

Delete, don't bounce. There have been many discussions about this here.

end 19:50 20 Dec 2004

doing the F.E. "s "ticking off":)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?