Previewing live/moving GIF images in Outlook 2007?

Happy37 18:46 04 Jan 2008

Hi all

I have switched to using Outlook 2007 instead of Outlook Express under Windows XP Pro because of the broken UK spell-check problem.

All works well, however, there is one niggle that I hope that someone can answer for me:-

In Outlook Express, if an email contained live or moving GIF images in the email and these moved or did animations, how can I get the same effect to happen in Outlook 2007?

Is there a setting somewhere in the program that I have missed, or can it not be done at all?

Please advise - all responses gratefully received.

Regards

happy37

MAJ 19:31 04 Jan 2008

Office 2007 no longer supports it as far as I'm aware.

Happy37 13:04 21 Jan 2008

Hi MAJ

Many thanks for your reply - apologies for note replying before today as I have been busy with other matters - here goes...I looked in the Help files for Outlook 2007 and found the answer!!!

Inside the email that you are reading in Outlook 2007, there is a dropdown button that says "Other Actions"

If you click this dropdown button, it says at the bottom, "View in browser" - once you click this, a warning pops up stating if you want to allow this action all the time? - you can click yes or no as per your personal preference...

Once you have done this, you can view the animated GIF image(s) in an external Internet Explorer window.

Job done!!! - many thanks once again, it's much appreciated.

Regards

happy37

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?