Preview JPG images in folder

Shas 11:11 23 Mar 2006

Two desk tops, networked to each other, each running Windows 2000 Pro.

I have a large folder of jpg images, set to ‘large icon’ view. Sometimes just hovering over any icon produces a preview image of its content in the bottom left hand corner. And then sometimes it doesn’t!

Both computers are set up exactly the same, and no settings have been altered. At the moment my computer is showing the preview but the other comp isn’t, Tomorrow it could just as easily be the other way round. In ‘customise this folder’ (via the view drop-down) each is set to standard, which should show the preview. On the machine where the preview isn’t visible at the moment, if I select the ‘image preview’ setting instead, it tells me the image isn’t available. Both machines are set to share all files and the images can be opened with no trouble, we just can’t preview them sometimes.

Not the end of the world, and I know I could set them to show thumbnails instead of icons, but it’s irritating just the same, simply because it’s ok sometimes but not others. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?