Prevalence Reporter??

User-2817D3FB-324D-4EF0-A1F3E24EA27877D1 21:46 27 Apr 2008

Greetings friends,

Zone Alarm are pestering me with the message that 'Prevalence reporter' is trying to access the internet. Can anybody please tell me who or what is Prevalence Reporter and should I be worried??

Much thanks

Mike.

VoG II 21:47 27 Apr 2008

AVG 8.0?

csqwared 21:49 27 Apr 2008

VoG™ does it again see here click here

csqwared 21:50 27 Apr 2008

Dohh!! I meant this one click here

Hi VoG and csqwared.
Yes installed AVG8 this am. So all is ok I presume!. Many thanks for this ultra-fast response and solution to my query.

Rgds, Mike.

I'm having the same problem as mikos. I don't get the responses. I don't have AVG 8.0, just Free 7.5. Do I have to update?

I just checked the AVG version and it's Free 8.0. Any suggestions?

Hi EAAH,

I previously had the paid-for version of AVG on trial, (I think it was v8.0,, but not sure) anyways, when the trial ended I tried to go back to the 'free' version. I read somewhere that v7.5 was the last 'free' version of avg, everything after that would have to be paid for. I tried to download v7.5 but each time only v8.0 came down and when I tried to load it to hard disk it would'nt allow me to do so. (can't remember the exact wording..) I then decided to uninstall everything relating to avg anti virus from the hard disk, afterwards I tried to get v7.5 down and of course along came v8.0 instead. I tried to load up v8.0 and it went in as sweet as a nut and is working perfectly since. I also note that v8.0 is classified as a 'free' version. Sorry for rambling a bit but hope that this may help you. Rgds Mike...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?