PretonSaver Problem

TN 08:18 19 May 2012

I have been using the PretonSaver Ink saver for the last year on a trial from the Monthly DVD. When the trial ran out I decided to purchase it and filled in the order form and received an email in acknowledgment together with the Activation Code and the instruction to right click the icon in system tray and select 'Activation'. Problem is there is no Activation listed! I then uninstalled the old program and downloaded and re-installed the latest version - still no Activation to be selected. I then filled in the Help form on their web site but when I select submit I get error message: Type Mismatch. I then thought it might be my browser (Opera) which was to blame and I tried Chrome and IE 9 with the same error result. I then sent a General enquiry email (twice) but have not received any reply or acknowledgement. Has anyone else had this problem or how did they get around it to Activate it. All help appreciated. BTW Running Windows 7 Professional if this makes any difference.

TN 09:38 20 May 2012

The company have eventually contacted me by email and told me that they will activate the programme remotely. I have suggested that they enclose this information when they send the purchaser the activation code and so avoid days of not knowing if all is well.

preton 10:43 20 May 2012

Dear customer

The activation option exist only on computers that are not activated yet, in your case your computer was still activated with the old license key. We could either wait for the expiry date or to handle the activation remotely for you as we did. In general we reply support Emails within 48 hours. Regards, Preton Support Team.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?