pressing multiple keys

headsh0ts 01:38 01 Jun 2006

IIm having trouble pressing multiple keys at once on my keyboard (mainly for playing games).

Strangly it doesnt apply to every key combination, but mostly when 2 kwys are hed down, the 3rd doesnt register. Ive tried different keyboards and problem still occurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cant find the answer to the problem anywhere!

howard63 20:09 01 Jun 2006

this could possibly be a lack of ram issue - if the ram is fully utilised by the game it has not enough spare to read all key presses. Check the minimum requirement of the game against your installed amount.

Terry Brown 20:17 01 Jun 2006

Have you tried pressing all 3 keys together, or 1 key then the other 2 together?

headsh0ts 10:09 02 Jun 2006

My system is up o date and meets requirements.

Ive tried pressing all 3 keys together, but mostly its pressing 2, then the last 1, but any combination og 3 doesnt work.

Ive noticed too since i first posted that the keys dont seem to work if im holding 2 nearby. For example, if i hold J and K, then N, M, L, U, and I dont work, if I hold A and S, then W, E, F, X, and C dont work, though strangely keys on the NUM pad dont seem to work if any 2 keys are held before them.

Is it just dodgy electronics in the keyboard? Ive thought that, but this happens when i plug in other keyboards too.

cheers for helpin us out though guys.

ACOLYTE 11:17 02 Jun 2006

I just tried this on my keyboard with the keys you mentioned,i held down A/S and pressed W/E/F/X/C and the only one that didnt work was the W key,I then tried the other buttons you mentioned and they all worked when i held down J/K.The numbers worked as well on the num pad but only after i put num lock on.It may be that it is not regestring the last key pressed on the keyboard,i noticed that when i held down 2 keys togehter the last key down repeated until i pressed another key,then it stopped and the other letter took over.I checked in my keyboard options in control panel and i have repeat rate set to FAST and repeat delay set to the 3rd notch along,maybe you need to adjust this so the keys register quicker?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?