Prep & then print photos

It's Me 21:26 11 Sep 2004

I have PaintShop Pro 7 and PhotoSuite 5. I feel that I should not need to use PhotoSuite but I cannot find comparable abilities in PaintShop, which, I've no doubt. is due entirely to my stupidity. However - -

I take a lot of photos, and I do know about taking 'em to Boots.

After I've got them on to the HDD I try to get each one to how I want it in Paintshop. Then I want to crop it to a specific size. say 3.5 x 5 inch and cannot see that facility in Paintshop, but it is in PhotoSuite. If I don't crop to the size I want to print to, I lose control of what is printed, which makes it something of a lottery.

Then I want to print to A4, say 4 per sheet perhaps 60 photos all at once, and again I can't see how to do this in Paintshop but in PhotoSuite it is a piece of cake to do.

So are these facilities in PaintShop and if so where?

siouxah1 21:59 11 Sep 2004

For sizing on the fly and to print multiple images in Paintshop pro 7, go to FILE, PRINT MULTIPLE IMAGES.

It will be greyed out until you have some pictures selected.

You are then able to drag each picture onto the A4 and resize as you go.

Regards Brian j

Simon_P 22:01 11 Sep 2004

To crop or resize?

To crop an image select the crop tool on the left-hand tool bar, it is about third from the top.

Right click on Image and drag it to the size you want. The image dimensions (in pixels) is shown at the bottom left.

To resize: Image menu/resize this opens a box with resize options, here you can simply just resize or you can choose your print size and DPI

Printing
To print multiple images

File menu/print multiple images. all your open images will be in the side bar, double click an image to put it into the print preview, repeat this and then arrange them onto the print preview.

Personally I prefer windows picture and fax viewer for printing it is simpler. But I only print the odd image at home and use a lab for all my main stuff.

You might want to consider PSP8 if you are doing allot, it is a much better program.

The PSP help files are very good and a little fishing around in them may save you allot of time waiting for replies.

Hope this helps you a little

siouxah1 22:05 11 Sep 2004

Further to the above. To resize in PSP go to IMAGE, RESIZE.

You will get a window up which will give you the opportunity to resize you picture in either pixels, inches or what ever.

Brian j

PS Don't forget to save as a different name thus keeping the original intact.

It's Me 12:17 12 Sep 2004

Thank you. It sounds so simple to find now and I can't understand why I didn't, but I couldn't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?