pre installed program removal

dippydon 19:53 19 Nov 2006

i,v the following 4 programs that i know i will never use or need.remote assistance:outlook express:microsoft works:microsoft money:,listed in start/all programs.how do i remove to free up resources?.

mammak 20:03 19 Nov 2006

Are you not able to remove them via Add remove ?

VoG II 20:05 19 Nov 2006

Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs for Works and Money. You will need to click on Add/Remove Windows components for Outlook Express and Remote Assistance.

These programs are not using any resources, only space on your hard drive.

dippydon 20:42 19 Nov 2006

did,nt know about the windows components.ta.got it now.add/remove has microsoft money system pack:microsoft.netframework2.0:microsoft user mode driver featurepack.....are they needed.?.can i remove safely ?.i don,t want un needed stuff on the hard drive,just loads of music and photos.thanks.

VoG II 20:46 19 Nov 2006

You should keep .netframework 2.0 as some other programs may need it. You don't need the others.

Perhaps you should consider getting a second hard drive (internal or external) if you are this desperate for disk space.

dippydon 21:09 19 Nov 2006

did,nt know about the windows components.ta.got it now.add/remove has microsoft money system pack:microsoft.netframework2.0:microsoft user mode driver featurepack.....are they needed.?.can i remove safely ?.i don,t want un needed stuff on the hard drive,just loads of music and photos.thanks.

dippydon 21:10 19 Nov 2006

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone