pre -ADSL Question

im preparing for BB and was just wondering weather my ADSL Filter-(speed touch),will work from the out side of my surge protector-(belkin),on the basis of the surge protector is mereley an extension of the wall socket
any ideas folks

christmascracker 18:20 04 Apr 2004

It does on mine.

I've got the phone line going into the input (obviously), and the filter in the 'protected' bit.

Good luck

thanks,did you find the change over from dial up easy to do as im a bit of a novice

spuds 18:58 04 Apr 2004

Change over should be very easy, if you follow the supplied instructions. I notice that you mention SpeedTouch, so I assume that you are refering to the Thomson SpeedTouch 330.If so, you may find some information here click here If you require further filters, I would suggest that you try Ebuyer's click here Quickfind code 39530 ADSL splitter/Micro filters, a steal at £1.17 each. I use them, and find that they are a superb product with good reviews. More info on these and other micro filters can be found here click here Good Luck with your change-over to the faster stream of internet travel (;o))

christmascracker 19:33 04 Apr 2004

I'm with BT Broadband and it couldn't have been easier.

You will have full instructions to follow and should be up and running in no time.

Enjoy it it's great :-)

thanx all,gonna have a look at spuds link
thankyou

Big B 19:40 04 Apr 2004

Absolutely no problems changing over at all make sure you follow the instuctions and you will be off into this weird and wonderful broadband world in no time at all. As christmascracker says enjoy it,s brilliant

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?