Praying for mail via Freeserve - Amen

GrahamC 20:50 20 May 2003

Anyone know why, when I collect mail at the same time, my normal Freeserve mail comes and goes as quick as a flash but my business email (via a .com web address from Amen)does not. In contrast the .com mail address generates more than the occasional server time out 0x800ccc19, unable to connect 0x800ccc0e, server termination error0x800ccc0f. Not just for me in Worcestershire but also for my colleage in Glasgow. We both connect via ISDN (I have no alternative here sadly)and use Outlook (2000 in my case). These problems come and go like the rain, with no input from me! Amen say there is nothing wrong their end, and they are probably right Our secretary who has Broadband and uses a different ISP has no such issues. As for Freeserve - well do you fancy spending time with them at 50p per minute? Time for an ISP change maybe or am I stuck with this 'til 21st Century copper wire technology reaches beyond Kidderminster?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?