pppoe timeout. pado: hostuniq mismatch

Spuddo 02:49 18 Aug 2013

I'm attempting to connect a FritzBox 7390 to a NBN connection. I've setup LAN1 as the WAN Port. I've put in the PPPoE Details, but it will not connect. In the log, I see the error:

PPPoE Timeout. pado: hostuniq mismatch

If I connect my computer directly to the same ethernet cord (That is WAN), and setup a PPPoE connection, with the same credentials, it connects OK and I can browse the internet, no dramas at all.

Firmware upgrade is the latest.

Exetel say the problem is not at their end, but they did tell me that from about 1000hrs yesterday the connection dropped around 20 times.

Some more information – not sure if any of it helps

1. Interestingly, even with the router disconnected the "LAN connection" for my Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC in Network Connections (WinXP) shows that it has limited connectivity.

2. Also, it has been a while since I have had any issues with this connection so I was surprised to see a second IP address for the LAN Connection that is what looks like an IPv6 address (I assume).

3. The "internet" light on the FritzBox is not on – it was/should be

lotvic 10:34 18 Aug 2013

for those wanting to help, here is a complete review and settings details of the AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7390 ThinkBroadband.com ClickHere

Spuddo 12:48 18 Aug 2013

Iotvic, thanks for that - a worthwhile website - however no information on my issue.

Any ideas on how i can do some more diagnostics?

Secret-Squirrel 15:28 18 Aug 2013

".......a NBN connection."

I've never heard of that type of broadband connection. Are you in the UK?

chub_tor 16:04 18 Aug 2013

SecretSquirrel, looks like NBN may be from Oz Click Here

Mr Mistoffelees 16:13 18 Aug 2013

Exetel PTY are based in Sydney.

Secret-Squirrel 16:17 18 Aug 2013

"SecretSquirrel, looks like NBN may be from Oz"

That's what I suspect too but I was waiting for explicit confirmation.

Spuddo 11:18 19 Aug 2013

Sorry all - definitely Oz - having trouble solving with local help so I broadened the search...

NBN = National broadband network - fibre backbone to the home with an opto-converter (I assume) combined with a modem of some sort at the home. That is then connected to a router

Any ideas?

Secret-Squirrel 12:40 19 Aug 2013

"Sorry all - definitely Oz..."

I think you'll find most (if not all) the regular helpers here are in the UK. I for one wouldn't know where to start with your NBN configuration issues.

I think you'll stand a much better chance of success with the Australian forum you've also posted on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?