Powerpoint 'Voice'

dazwm 14:38 27 Jul 2006

I have a powerpoint presentation that I want a voice over to read excactly any word that is on the screen. I don't want voice recognition software as I don't want my voice on it. Is there a program out there that will do the job? I have tried windows narrator but it doesn't read every word and it is too 'robotic'.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 27 Jul 2006

click here

a choice of voices

type in what is on the slide and download the file, add a link to the file in you slide.

I use this to have voice messages instead of windows default sounds on the PC.

dazwm 19:30 27 Jul 2006

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ but that is not really what I am after. I want the program to recognise the text then add audio to the presentation.

Fellsider 19:34 27 Jul 2006

^^^^

silverous 21:40 27 Jul 2006

Fruitbat...choose UK and Audrey and put the following in for a brummey accent !

Yeeow allllroight might?

silverous 21:47 27 Jul 2006

No offence to brummies btw and sorry for thread hijack :)

dazwm 22:58 27 Jul 2006

Any sensible help please?

silverous 08:53 28 Jul 2006

What was wrong with what fruit bat suggested, you type the text in, download the correct sound and play it in your powerpoint....if you want something built-in to powerpoint it ain't there so you'll need to find something more akin to what fruit bat was suggesting.

GroupFC 09:39 28 Jul 2006

That's very interesting - I can see my eldest son (11) having hours of fun with that. He has just started getting into doing Powerpoint presentations, and has been doing recordings of his own voice in them. This will add a new dimension!

dazwm 09:57 28 Jul 2006

I appreciate what u are saying but it is not what I am looking for, hence asking for other options. There is far too much in the presentation to type in again that is why I need a program to read each individual slide and add a voice to it.

Woolwell 10:26 28 Jul 2006

I don't know of a program which will do what you want without sounding rather mechanical and with limited voices. They also tend to use the same voice throughout. In the past I have used programs with Word but I am not sure that they work with PowerPoint. I used to have a program which I think was called Wordread but a quick search on Google brings up Text Aloud, Word Speaker, Claro Read, etc.
I also understand that actors can earn a reasonable amount from voice overs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?