Powerpoint question

Koochy 19:51 20 Jul 2007

Hi all i have just finished my first power point presentation but i am stuck on one little thing, How do i save it so when someone else opens it it goes straight into slide show instead of the power point creator.

Tia

Koochy

VoG II 20:04 20 Jul 2007

File > Save As > Powerpoint Show.

Technotiger 20:05 20 Jul 2007

Never used PP myself, but maybe this can help ..

click here

Koochy 20:24 20 Jul 2007

Hi VoG™ i don't get an option of powerpoint show i only get the option of "Presentation - single file web page - web page - powerpoint 95 - powerpoint 97-2003 and 95 presentation and presentation for review" but all of these still open up in powerpoint instead of powerpoint viewer. Thanks for the effort VoG™

Hi Technotiger i had a look at the site you linked to and that says the same as VoG™ said so no joy but thanks for the effort.

skeletal 22:55 20 Jul 2007

The information from VoG is correct. Thus your problem appears to be the lack of the pps file save option; indeed there are actually a great deal more save options on my installation of PowerPoint, including all manner of graphics formats. I assume you have an Office 2003 disc? Have you tried detect and repair?

Skeletal

Koochy 23:29 20 Jul 2007

I will try that tomorrow and get back to you and let you know how i get on.

Thanks
K

VoG II 09:43 21 Jul 2007

Which version of Powerpoint?

Koochy 15:53 21 Jul 2007

Sorry for the delay in getting back I have just tried repairing and then reinstalling office 2003 but still no joy.

VoG™ it is powerpoint 2003, it is part of office 2003 premium edition.

Koochy

VoG II 15:58 21 Jul 2007

Hmm well you should have the option to save as a PowerPoint show. Any way, try this:

1. Click Start.
2. Click My Computer.
3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
4. Select the View Tab.
5. Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known file types.
6. Click OK.

Now locate your Powerpoint file, right click it, select Rename and change the file extension from .ppt to .pps - ignore the dire warning. If you now double click the file it will open as a Powerpoint Show.

Quiet Life 16:52 21 Jul 2007

The options you have are only the first ones shown and there should be a slider at the right of the window which brings up the other options.
VOGs solution will work fine but you should be able to scroll down to select Power Point Show

skeletal 23:32 21 Jul 2007

I’m sorry for not getting back as well Koochy, I’ve been a bit busy!

I must say I’m really puzzled by your problem.

Quiet Life’s idea is a good bit of lateral thinking; I for one will kick myself if that sorts your problem; I suspect you will as well!

Fingers crossed!

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?