Powerpoint or is there better for my purpose?

josie mayhem 13:49 13 Nov 2003

I need to make a display and prestitation of my stamp collection, but am confined by the pheltalec rules that these displays must be of set standerised size, display page 23cm wide x 28cm lentgh, and the internal display area used by stamps is 20cm x 23cm. Written details can be hand written or typed, handwritten is o.k is you have a steady hand and clear hand writting, but sadly in my case its o.k for personal use but for displays or competition it is hopeless.

I have tried it on powerpoint, but found the lack of a ruler making it very difficult and a bit hit and miss on the posistioning of anything.

What I'm looking for in a software is something that can be easily customised for size, and that has not only grids guilds but also has a outer ruler that makes positioning other details accorect. I don't mind if I still have to mannuay work out the centre of my page, that I need to work from.

Also a reasonable price is needed, and like most people better if its free.

Any suggestion much appricated.

VoG II 13:58 13 Nov 2003

In Powerpoint, View/Ruler and View/Guide should help you.

josie mayhem 16:55 13 Nov 2003

Thanks

I did have the grid set up, but I did try again, and this time I found the ruler setting while I was there.

Which makes life a lot easier as one of the biggest problems was lineing up text, and areas that I wanted to place stamps ect, so that they came out looking striaght and even.

But alas, I think this is going to be a progject, that is going to bemore time comsuming on the computer than if I did by hand.

But the first trail run, has come out pretty well even though it still needs a tweek or two for perfection, and took me about two hours to workout and calculate persitioning for a whole six stamps! Hopefully I will get quicker as I progress?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?