Powerpoint Opening Error Message

AJ25 19:01 01 Oct 2006

When I open powerpoint files, I get this error message.

'Powerpoint was unable to display some of the text, images or objects, on slides in the file (filename)because they hae become corrupted. Affected slides have been replaced by blank slides in the presentation and it is not possible to recover the lost information. To ensure that the file can be opened in previous versions of Powerpoint use the save as command and save the file with either the same or a new name'

Pressing OK gives me access so it's not stopping me from working, but it is annoying. I tried following the instructions on the message (save as) but makes no difference

Fateful Shadow 11:19 02 Oct 2006

Can you reinstall or repair the corrupted parts using the Office CD-ROM?

=]

GaT7 15:48 02 Oct 2006

If using Office/PowerPoint 2003, OF2003 Service Pack 2 may fix it click here.

From the above link:

"Additionally, you will receive the following message:

Microsoft Office PowerPoint

PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text, images, or objects on slides in the
file, filename.ppt, because they have become corrupted. Effected slides
have been replaced by blank slides in the presentation and it is not possible to recover
the lost information. To ensure that the file can be opened in previous versions of
PowerPoint, use the Save As command (File menu) and save the file with either the
same or a new name."

G

AJ25 11:42 07 Oct 2006

I've not been able to solve this. Seems it might be something to do with the version of ppt. certain slides were created in. Without an older version of ppt. I can't tell. So will close this one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?