Powerpoint 2007 won't start

roystontyke 19:12 11 Jun 2008

Whenever i launch Powerpoint 2007, the splash screen appears followed by what looks like the opening window for powerpoint for about 1-2 seconds. The application then terminates with no error messages.
On next starting I'm asked if I want to start in safe mode - same symptom.
Next time I'm asked to repair it - still doesn't work.
I've even tried a complete uninstall of Office 2007 suite and re-install - same symptoms.
All other Office applications are not affected in any way.
This started after I asked Powerpoint to display a slideshow on the 2nd screen on an extended desktop. That's the only thing I've done different and ever since then it has failed to start.
Can anyone help me please - it's driving me crazy!

recap 19:37 11 Jun 2008

I am presuming this is caused by the second screen and that PowerPoint is still trying to display in the second screen.

Try loading PowerPoint with the second screen on again and reversing the process for setting up the second screen.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:38 11 Jun 2008

Are you sure it is not starting on the extended screen?

Had sim trouble with earlier version it was working ok but on the extended screen I couldn't see.

Reset PP to show on primary screen.

roystontyke 11:31 12 Jun 2008

I thought that I had tried that but obviously I need to try again. Can't do it untill tomorrow though.
Why would it still do it after I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled it? is there a DLL or registry setting that gets amended when you select the extended screen?

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes

roystontyke 11:07 13 Jun 2008

Working with 2 screens didn't make any difference.

However, I did manage to get it working when I ran the software as "Administrator".

Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?