Powering up without any aid!!

alythman 09:46 23 May 2004

Can someone please help me? I have an Elitegroup L7VMM2 AMD Motherboard with Athlon XP 2000 CPU. An ATI 128Mb Graphics Card and 256Mb DDR memory which I bought as a motherboard bundle from Novatech. Everything seems towork well then the computer just turns itself off. Not only that, it sometimes, not always, turns itself on. The tower I have is a Chicago silver tower with a 350PSU onboard. I am running Windows XP Pro SP1 and all updates. Can anyone bring to light what the problem may be. I am not sure what it is as I have never come across a computer that starts itself up before, and shut itself down. My suspicion lies with the PSU, but I cannot be 100% that this is the problem. Please help if you can and thank you for your time.
Matt

Graham ® 10:14 23 May 2004

Try this: Start, right click My Computer, Manage, expand Event Viewer, System. Highlight an event, Action, Properties. This will give information about the event, and may shed light on the problem.

nick_j007 10:26 23 May 2004

Not sure, but might it be worth looking in your scheduled tasks list?

Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks.

Just a thought. Good Luck

Nick

Diodorus Siculus 10:31 23 May 2004

Turning on: may be something to do with "wake on lan" being enabled in the BIOS - this allows a phonecall to to start the pc.

alythman 09:37 24 May 2004

Thank you for your response. I will try out all of the above suggestions and let you know if anything is resolved, thanks again!

alythman 09:38 24 May 2004

Thank you for your response. I will try out all of the above suggestions and let you know if anything is resolved, thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017