PowerDVD

Chirag 15:46 08 Dec 2006

Hello, I have just noticed that PowerDVD plays my movie files only on my user account (Windows XP). When I logon to my dad's or sister's account it plays the movie, I can hear the sound but there is no video. Can someone please help? Thanks

Technotiger 15:54 08 Dec 2006

Hi, sorry I don't know the exact answer, but it may be something to do with the Activation Key for Power DVD, and/or Administrators Rights!

Chirag 15:56 08 Dec 2006

But I can view the movie perfectly on my account, and I can view it properly with other media players on all other accounts, but not powerdvd. Powerdvd works fine on my account, but just doesnt show the video on the others. Help!

Technotiger 16:06 08 Dec 2006

Well, I was only clutching at straws really, it is just that on my Power DVD, I had to initially Activate the Key.

Sorry I can't give you anything more positive.

Cheers

Chirag 16:07 08 Dec 2006

It's alright thanks for your help anyway. Ill try and find something.

postie24 16:56 08 Dec 2006

Technotiger is right,with power dvd for it to play on other accounts it requires the activation key

birdface 18:20 08 Dec 2006

If you click on properties, on power DVD.Shortcut, Advanced, you have a box that you can tick , to run with differeny credentials, If you check that out it may mean that someone else on your computer may be able to run it,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?