Powerdesk 6

prince midas 14:37 12 Jan 2006

Using Powerdesk 6 on my new machine when I ask it to go to Control Panel it just goes into Powerdesk and Shows the file for Control Panel and I then have to click on file Control Panel and when it goes to control panel it then asks for Add and Remove etc.
Previously when I clicked on control Panel it went straight into it. What do I have to set to make it repeat this previous action.

pj123 15:19 12 Jan 2006

I have PowerDesk 6 on my computer but I don't have the problem you are describing.

I would suggest you uninstall Powerdesk 6 and then re-install it again.

pj123 11:24 13 Jan 2006

Ah, do you mean when you go to My Computer or Start to get to Control Panel.

If so, when you installed PowerDesk 6 there was an option which said something like: "Do you want Powerdesk to be the default when opening My Computer" You need to take the tick out to be able to use it separately. I did the same thing myself when I installed Powerdesk 6. Unfortunately, I couldn't see anyway within Powerdesk to reverse it so I uninstalled it and then made sure I "unticked" when I did the re-install.

Simsy 12:46 13 Jan 2006

you want to UNtick;

Options>Preferences>GeneralSettings, "Use PowerDesk to open My Computer and folders", which is at the botton in a box with the title "Replacec MS Explorer"

Regards,

Simsy

pj123 13:44 13 Jan 2006

Thanks, Simsy. I'll remember that for the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?