Power Supply Problem?

Boy Zone 20:21 18 Jun 2003

Hi to you all.
I have a Multivision PC, built to my own spec. It has a Microstar mother board, Pent 4 2.5 processor, CD writer, DVD burner( which I have just adfded, connect via a expansion card),DVD player, 512 RAM sound card and modem.
The problem I'm having is when I burn DVD's at some stage within the process the DVD door opens, and sometimes this causes my PC to close down and re-boots. I can open and close the door of my DVD burner,when I'm doing nothing, and the PC is OK. I just thought that it might be the power supply wattage?
I don't know the wattage of my power supply, even multivison don't know as the PC was built to my own spec.

Regards

billyliv 20:24 18 Jun 2003

Hi,

billyliv 20:26 18 Jun 2003

Hi again, Sorry about that. I was going to post a response, thought better of it, but hit the wrong button. cheers, Bill

Gongoozler 20:42 18 Jun 2003

Hi Boy Zone, you should be able to find the power supply wattage easily enough. In all the power supplies I've seen it has been written on the side of the supply. You will have to remove the pc cover to see it though. It doesn't say much for Multivision that they don't keep a record of the equipment thay supply. This is basic quality control procedure.

Ironman556 21:06 18 Jun 2003

Are you using Nero? There's a stage which checks the disc it's just written for errors which requires the isc to be ejected and re-insterted. If you are using Nero check that the data verification box isn't checked when you write the disc. Other software may also have a simila5r feature.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?