POWER SUPPLY INSTALLATION

novis 19:42 18 May 2007

I have a Sony Vaio desktop which has blowm its power suppy. The technician I've consulted proposes installing a non-Sony power supply - however this will leave a small hole.

I am concerned about dust getting into the case but is this a SERIOUS WORRY?

It will take several weeks [he tells me] to receive a power supply from Sony. However, is it worth the wait - or will the proposed solution serve just as well?

Any suggestion about how to close the small holes that will result from a non-generic power supply?

Advice and suggestions, please.

Meshuga 19:49 18 May 2007

You dont say where these holes will be but it should be possible to close them with a small piece of plastic of similar colour Araldited in place.

novis 19:53 18 May 2007

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION - BUT IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO GO WITH A NON-GENERIC POWER SUPPLY?

Meshuga 20:01 18 May 2007

I would think that provided it will physically fit and the voltage and output is correct I see no reason why not. It`s only function is to supply the correct current to the right places. Probably be cheaper than Sony too. Hope this helps.

Meshuga 20:02 18 May 2007

I would think that provided it will physically fit and the voltage and output is correct I see no reason why not. It`s only function is to supply the correct current to the right places. Probably be cheaper than Sony too. Hope this helps.

Meshuga 20:04 18 May 2007

Sorry about the duplication, jumpy finger.

novis 18:28 19 May 2007

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone