Power supply identification

Teddy Jeff 21:57 06 Oct 2006

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to identify the wattage of the power supply without opening the computer I have tried the Belarc Advisor with no results.

Teddyjeff

Totally-braindead 22:00 06 Oct 2006

Every one I have ever seen has had it printed somewhere on the outside of the case.

woodchip 22:02 06 Oct 2006

No it tells you on the PSU box top back of comp, you need the side off

gudgulf 22:03 06 Oct 2006

If it is a proprietary computer then post the make and model on the forum....it should be possible to check the original manufacturers specification.

To be honest though the best way is to take the case side off and look at the label on the psu itself.

Teddy Jeff 22:10 06 Oct 2006

Thank you all for your help, I have only had the computer a week and I thought that removing the panel would void yhe 3 year waranty I would like to a more USB peripherals.

Teddyjeff

woodchip 22:17 06 Oct 2006

That will not take much from your comp, plus it's limited to half amp. plus good usb hardware should have it's own mains adapter

Teddy Jeff 22:21 06 Oct 2006

Thanks again for the info Woodchip

Totally-braindead 22:23 06 Oct 2006

I didn't explain my comment properly woodchip, I meant the case of the actual power supply, not the computer. But as long as you have it Teddy Jeff alls well that ends well.

rdave13 22:26 06 Oct 2006

Just email your pc supplier and ask if removing the case to upgrade your ram, or whatever, will invalidate your warranty.

Should get a reply that it won't exept that any damage resulting in removing the case will not be covered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?