Power On Self Test problem

Biggeoff 10:01 12 Jan 2008

During P.O.S.T. after the memory description.
The following is displayed next:

MAC ADDRESS ARE INVALID IN BOTH CMOS AND FLASH!
PRESS F1 TO RESUME

It will just stay there until F1 is pressed then it loads up windows normally.

This is a new m/b I bought today ASROCK AliveNF6G-VSTA which I going to assemble for a friend.

Anybody any ideas what I need to do to get rid of the Mac address line?

chrissul 10:05 12 Jan 2008

have you tried flashing back to an official bios?

Biggeoff 10:15 12 Jan 2008

No I haven't tried anything with The BIOS. The book is very vague and no mention Flashing. In fact I wouldn't know how to do it.

Biggeoff

Biggeoff 13:57 12 Jan 2008

Further to previous. I have since my last response updated the bios to the most recent version and the problem is still the same unfortunately.

DieSse 15:03 12 Jan 2008

This particular note is not for your specific motherboard, but there must be a similar tool (it may actually be the same tool, but I can't verify that as yet.

click here

DieSse 15:09 12 Jan 2008

This particular note is not for your specific motherboard, but there must be a similar tool (it may actually be the same tool, but I can't verify that as yet.

click here

Biggeoff 15:59 12 Jan 2008

Thanks for that I will check it out and see what happens. I have also sent e-mail to asrock about this , still awaiting there response.

Biggeoff 02:24 13 Jan 2008

Ok I tried that and it worked fine. Only problem being finding the number on motherboard. There were three different labels with 12 digits so I took the one nearest the floppy connector and it worked. Thanks DieSse for the link. Now resolved

Biggeoff 01:00 14 Jan 2008

Well it did work but when I tried to use the network or go online it kept telling me no internet connection or network available. So I tried to use the other two sets of 12 digits and re enter mac address, the first failed but the last was a good one and now network/internet is working fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?