Power up problems psu related?

RobCharles1981 19:51 30 Sep 2010

Hi all

Wondering if u can help here? Powerd up my pc this morning and after a bit the main circuit breaker tripd so I went to reset it. Then I find there's no power to the system which is I5750 and a c
Corsair 750watt and I tested a working psu from my spare system walla I got power and post. Rma with ebuyer tomorrow with a view for a better model. Now this is where I'm confussed here I put my spare psu back into my system and now I'm not getting no power and I checked everything are both psu's gone do u think?

woodchip 20:08 30 Sep 2010

If PSU bows it can take out the Motherboard Cpu and any other hardware its connected to by spikes

RobCharles1981 20:13 30 Sep 2010

I do have a surge protector if that's of any ideas I'm leading towards a psu that's what my mind is telling me.

Ashrich 23:02 30 Sep 2010

I had/have a similar problem with my desktop at the moment , it started playing up , not booting to the PCI-e graphics , only to the built in display adapter , then all of a sudden the power supply gave out , Ok I thought , I'll replace it , I did so and for a while all was well , until just recently when , sometimes , the old problem arises of it refusing to see the PCI-e card , my conclusion is that the motherboard is faulty after 4 years of use and that the power supply was a coincidence . So it may be that in this case your motherboard is/was faulty , maybe intermittently , hence neither PSU can make it boot .

Ashley

RobCharles1981 23:09 30 Sep 2010

Thanks for your input.

The mobo in my main system is 3 days old from a replacement everything there was behaving fine. In my spare system its never missed a beat be it the Athlon 64 3800 had it over 10 years now but tomorrow only time will tell!

RobCharles1981 15:26 01 Oct 2010

Good News It now works! :-)

The Fault was that the fuse had gone in the Power Plug replaced and all is fine.

My Spare rig at the moment is feeling sorry for itself tried with a new PSU nothing looks like the mainboard has died?

Cheers

Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017