Power problem....

Kaacee 13:27 04 Nov 2007

Had my PC just over a month, worked fine until last week when it wouldnt switch on, checked to make sure plug secure both ends and switched off at mains then on again and it worked ok, used it for several hours without problem then powered off.
Next day same problem , would not power up again same as previous day, removed kettle lead , replaced and it worked for the whole time i was on.

Assumed faulty power lead, swapped it for another one i had from old pc and it worked fine, until the next day when same problem as before, so i discounted faulty power lead.

Now i find that if i power down pc and switch off at the wall socket, it powers up ok next time i use it, can anyone suggest why this should be?

Thank you.

BTW, i do not have on/off switch on back of pc so no fault there, and just as an aside, the green power on light does not illuminated, in fact it hasnt from day 1, not sure if this is relevant .

spuds 13:41 04 Nov 2007

Have you checked inside the wall socket or the supply to the 'kettle' lead.

Another consideration is a possible PSU fault.

Kaacee 13:51 04 Nov 2007

spuds the wall socket is fine with other stuff like printers/external HD etc so cant see a fault there, its just that it appears intermittent thats the worry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?