Power point puzzled

geewis 17:03 04 Oct 2003

I use Xp at home and all was well till I started college who use windows 2000 the main prob is power point is used by the college my home PC has works suit 2002 and doesn't have power point. I visited my local PC world to find a version of ofice with power point for £115 is this a rip off or what and PP on its own was over £400.

VoG II 17:06 04 Oct 2003

If you are a student at college you can get Office at a special (lower) price.

geewis 17:20 04 Oct 2003

Thank vog, they told me I coul get 10% off

Sir Radfordin 17:26 04 Oct 2003

The student version of Office (in the region of £110 - £120) includes Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook. If you don't want Access (Databases) this will suit your needs. It is far from being a rip-off.

You may want to consider some of the other office suits that are compatible with Office such as Star Office (£60 ish I think), OpenOffice (free download) or Ability Office (free download?)

If you bought your PC from PCW then think they may give you a student discount as well.

Jane doe 17:30 04 Oct 2003

there are special prices for office 2000 for students. PC world are just too expensive. Try Amazon .com.... or your local boot sale or computer fair :>)

Jane doe 17:35 04 Oct 2003

My daughter apparently paid £80 for a student copy of Office 2000 under a deal from her student union bookshop at uni. It is the full version less Access. So ask at your uni or college. And anyway £115 for a full copy of office is not bad. Jane

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?