Power point probs

morthin 19:32 06 Feb 2007

I have created a p/point presentation on my pc.I have inserted video clips in it using "power dvd" as i have been having probs with Media player.I have transfered the p/p on to cd, as i have borrowed a " tablet " computer so that i can display the presentation on a projector.When i play the video clips on my tablet i get the message "Powerpoint couldn`t locate or start my video clip"where have i gone wrong.The programme plays OK on my main P.C.

The powerpoint point file will only contain a link to the video on your hard drive rather than saving the video within it's own file. Therefore, on the tablet PC, when it tries to play it, it will not be able to find it.

You will have to save the video on the tablet PC too and then redirect powerpoint to it's location on the new hard drive

VoG II 19:41 06 Feb 2007

Have a look at File > Package for CD.

morthin 20:16 06 Feb 2007

What is the easiest way to redirect powerpoint to play in the tablet ??

I don't have powerpoint myself so I can't give you step by step instructions but if Vog's solution dosen't work then open the Powerpoint file on the tablet, delete the video that dosen't work and then reinsert it. Obviously you will have to transfer the video to the tablet PC too in order to do this.

scotty 12:31 07 Feb 2007

As a quick fix, try copying the video files to the same directory as the powerpoint file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017