Power Point Presentation w. thousands of pictures?

Antonio Machado 01:14 21 Sep 2009

Hello experts !

I have in a file in my P.C. a collection of more than three thousands of pictures including family, classic cars, impressive landscapes, beautiful girls, etc. and I would like to make a Presentation of them in Power Point so I can see them in my Monitor.

But whenever I want to "Insert" them and I click "Insert" and then "Picture" I have to upload (insert) them one by one, which is an impossible task.

I was wondering how I could just indicate Power Point to get all the pictures from that file at once ?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Best,

Antonio.

Stuartli 10:57 21 Sep 2009

I would split them into blocks rather than one large PP file.

Have you tried highlighting the first file, holding down Shift and then clicking on the last file to highlight them all?

You should then be able to insert all of them.

Fermat's Theorem 13:12 21 Sep 2009

go to Insert/Picture/Photo Album and then select all the images you wish using the method Stuartli has suggested.

A show with 3,000 slides would be very big and cumbersome - I would certainly subdivide them into relevant categories and create several shows - linking them together if you wish.

There is an equivalent Insert Photo Album option in the earlier versions of PowerPoint, but I don't have access to one to verify the actual procedure, but I think it was still "Insert Picture/Photo Album".

Hope this helps :-)

Fermat's Theorem 13:16 21 Sep 2009

that the option in PowerPoint 2007 is to click the Insert Tab, and choose Photo Album from the Illustrations menu (which also contains Picture, Clip Art, Shapes, SmartArt, and Chart as insert options).

:-)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:42 21 Sep 2009

There are much better programs for doing photo slide shows than power point.

Picasa click here for instance

awest3 17:46 21 Sep 2009

Just tried the 'Photo Album' technique suggested by 'Fermat's Therom' works a treat in powerpoint 2003.

Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?