Power Point

Bingalau 17:42 30 Jan 2008

I have a friend who has not got Power Point on her computer. I can't remember where or when or how I got it on mine. But she would like to have it on hers. How can she obtain it please, anybody?

Clapton is God 17:48 30 Jan 2008

PowerPoint usually comes bundled as part of a 'Professional' version of MS Office.

Alternatively, you can download PowerPoint Viewer which does what is says on the tin. You can view PP presentations with it, but not built or edit them click here

Woolwell 18:58 30 Jan 2008

PowerPoint is also part of the small business edition of office. It can be bought on its own but is very expensive and I would not recommend that route. There are other alternatives that are similar to PowerPoint.
Have a look on e-bay but be very wary of pirated copies and OEM.

Fermat's Theorem 19:46 30 Jan 2008

has PowerPoint, Word, Excel and OneNote programs in its suite.

...and not terribly expensive ...

Hope this helps :-)

Bingalau 19:52 30 Jan 2008

Many thanks to all. I will send her details of how to get the viewer. She can probably follow it up from there. As she is a schoolteacher she may want the whole caboodle. But at least now I can tell her where to look. Thanks again
..Bingalau..

Belatucadrus 19:57 30 Jan 2008

OpenOffice comes with "impress" which is compatible with PowerPoint and may even be a bit easier to use.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?