Power light

Rikku 19:23 03 Jul 2003

Two days ago i upgraded my processor and mother board and had to move it to a new case so i tried allways to conect the power chords and that but now i have no power light went he power is on and no floppy disk drive for sum reason (thats another topic) i also have FP audio and microphone which i couldnt connect properly my motherboard is the asus p4xp-x could anyone help?

DieSse 23:13 03 Jul 2003

No power light ----- turn round the connector from the power light to the motherboard header, as the motherboard end.

Is it in a 3 wire housing with two wires, or two individual wires? Look carefully at the description of the pins on the header - there are usually three pins for the power light, but two of them are the same (connected together on the board). You need to choose the correct two pins out of the three.

keith-236785 07:01 04 Jul 2003

in my experience i have found that the Three pin connector from the case will not fit onto the TWO pins for the power light DOH.

simple solution is to cut the THREE pin connector in half and connect the two pins that have a wire to the correct motherboard pins.

hope that makes sense

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie