power failure. unplug and wait 10

weemacs 21:01 23 Apr 2007

my pc cuts out completley for no apparent reason. This is getting more and more frequent and can happen after a few minutes or last for hours. Have to unplug power cable. Wait 10 seconds and plug in. Then the power button will work. The fan on my psu is not working but I don't think is the cause as I can work on it for hours or it can switch off after minutes. Do I need a new power supply. Have cleaned up the pc and formatted hard drive with clean install. NO viruses. Can anyone help. It has nothing to do with power save. It goes totally dead

STREETWORK 21:10 23 Apr 2007

The fan on the PSU is not working, theres the culprit if ever I seen it. windows will shut down if this is the case. New fan needed...

weemacs 21:22 23 Apr 2007

can a new fan be bought for the psu or does the whole unit need to be purchased. there is a c-3 cable for the fan but I cannot see where to attach it and it looks the way it is tied up that its never been attached. the psu is an original bestes ATX 1523f

skidzy 21:26 23 Apr 2007

Easier to replace the psu,just an idea for you click here i fitted this one in a rebuild and am very happy with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?