power dvd causes crash

ZEROTOLERANCE 20:11 27 Apr 2004

i have been trying to install power dvd on my pcdvd but after instal every time i click play it causes a critical error, ive tried un/reinstaling it, and have also tried reinstaling windows. but none of these have repeaired the problem, i patiently await advice,

ZEROTOLERANCE 20:15 27 Apr 2004

OS windows XP pro

i know how you feel , I've install various versions of power DVD and every one of the crashed , and that was after a clean install of xp and when the PC was full up to the neck with rubbish.

no matter what i tried to do with it , it would never work , so i gave up and used the msi DVD player i got with my mobo and it works every time

sarge

ZEROTOLERANCE 22:48 27 Apr 2004

what do you mean? do you mean you used a different dvd player, or a different dvd driver

ZEROTOLERANCE 22:57 27 Apr 2004

does any one else know a way around this problem? i cant beleive you cant have a dvd if you upgrade to XP, or is it just power dvd would another type player work ? does any one Know of such a player?

Giggle n' Bits 23:03 27 Apr 2004

or your Display settings.

Set you Monitor to 75Hz for starters,
update your Graphics drivers then install it.

Giggle n' Bits 23:05 27 Apr 2004

I had the problem you had with v3 which I fixed using the advice I give above.
Are you getting a horrible screen of mixed colours really messed up and nothing else

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:05 27 Apr 2004

how do i change the monitor setting?

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:07 27 Apr 2004

thats what ive got, the V4

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:10 27 Apr 2004

i have just had a window pop up saying widows needs to update, some files have recntly been changed that are making the system unstable, windows needs to replace them, insert winxp disc,

i unistalled power dvd hours ago?????

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:48 27 Apr 2004

would something like winamp work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?