acsmanhtml12 07:18 17 Mar 2006

I know that a kettle lead powers a computer but do you need a special one or can you just go down to the local eletrical store and buy a standard kettle lead.

  The Old Mod 07:26 17 Mar 2006

Hi, I know that most people refer to the leads as kettle leads, but the correct term for the plugs and sockets are, IEC plugs and sockets. They are standard, so nothing special about them.

  rmcqua 09:47 17 Mar 2006

Absolutely "bog standard". If I was using a kettle lead for a PC, I would reduce the plug fuse to a 5 Amp, but that's all.

  terryf 18:56 17 Mar 2006

Don't expect your PC to boil water if you use a kettle lead :-)

  namtas 19:37 17 Mar 2006

My apologies but I could not resist saying

acsmanhtml12. isnt the constant swopping around going to be really inconvenient.

  SG Atlantis® 22:34 17 Mar 2006

click here coffee?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?