Pound Sign For Dollar Sign

I have an american style keyboard with a dollar sign instead of a pound sign. Is there any software that will enable it to print a pound sign when I press. (I have all the settings on UK)

  Totally-braindead 18:08 18 Apr 2006

Just set the keyboard to US rather than UK and it will type what you see

There is no pound sign on the keyboard so I don't see it!!

  Totally-braindead 18:10 18 Apr 2006

Sorry should have said, under Regional and Language options under control panel.

  Totally-braindead 18:11 18 Apr 2006

Oh sorry I see what you mean.

  Totally-braindead 18:13 18 Apr 2006

If its a desktop couldn't you just buy a new UK keyboard, they start at about £4 upwards.

Thats not the answer I was after!! Its a new keyboard with fingerprint reader. Unfortunately this was its downside thats why I wanted software.

  VoG II 18:16 18 Apr 2006

Hold down ALT and press 156 on the numeric keypad £

Thanks VoG that I can use if there is no other answer. Although it has american keys I was hopeing there was a program that would make it operate like an english keyboard.

  remind 18:22 18 Apr 2006

Don't know if the link works but `trdkeys` sounds like what you want click here

I have tried the trdkeys but that doesn't work because there is no pound sign on the keyboard to swap. Any other ideas anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone