Posting to a Thread

woodchip 11:52 02 Jan 2009

Just a question, How many times do you have to press the Refresh Button for PCA to wake up when posting to a Thread? plus I have to copy and do it again as some times it just loses its way

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:04 02 Jan 2009

Usually just once.
It can be quite slow after pressing the post respone before it completes, thats why I sometimes double post if click to fast.

Sometimes it does lose its way and like you say a copy and paste is required.

mooly 12:06 02 Jan 2009

This last 48hrs the site has been really slow. Logging in, then going to "my postings" takes a couple of refreshes. Not had a problem posting though !

mooly 12:54 02 Jan 2009

This sometimes helps with browsing issues. Just done this now, coincidence or not but no problems logging in etc. I am running Vista.
From a command prompt (Admin rights) flush the DNS cache, whether it has anything to do with this I dont know, but it does no harm.
Type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter ( note the spaces ). Then type net stop dnscache and press enter. Then type net start dnscache and press enter.
See if that does anything.

birdface 13:15 02 Jan 2009

Not had any problems today with posting to other threads but had problems a couple of days ago .

Spark6 15:20 02 Jan 2009

No problem yesterday but this is the first today.

Spark6 15:21 02 Jan 2009

Instant!

woodchip 15:34 02 Jan 2009

Thanks for the responses looks like I will have to live with it

Pineman100 15:35 02 Jan 2009

It's very odd that different people seem to experience terrible sluggishness on this site at different times.

In early December (so far as I remember) I had about two weeks of extreme sluggishness - sometimes the site wouldn't render properly at all. Then it cleared up and has been fine since.

I hope it's not my turn again for a while!

woodchip 17:36 02 Jan 2009

I have the problem for ages at all times on Both Win98se and XP computers at home

woodchip 17:38 02 Jan 2009

Its as if the Site goes into Sleep mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?