Postcode problems

appleonia 02:35 03 Apr 2008

I have been entering on line Competions and when I get to the registration page some websites do not recognize my postcode it is very annoying , please have you any ideas on what I can do about this.

Diodorus Siculus 08:25 03 Apr 2008

Are you in a newly developed aread? IF so, probably not a lot you can do... until the database has been updated with new postcodes you may not be recognised.

Sometimes you may need to put in the postcode in a particular format... eg AB129YZ rather than AB12 9YZ - some accept spaces, others not.

Peter 17:42 03 Apr 2008

I had this problem with a new development near Manchester where the Royal Mail PAF website (click here) didn't recognise the postcode I had been supplied with by Royal Mail. If I remember correctly there is somewhere on the PAF website where you can report problems with valid postcodes. This will stimulate an update process and the CDs on which the Postcode database is distributed will be updated. This process may take about three months to complete.

I hope this helps, Peter.

dukeboxhero 20:53 03 Apr 2008

If your postcode has an o in it make sure its the number 0 or the letter o, i have had problems with this

Esc4p3 15:10 04 Apr 2008

Can't give you an exact route as the royal mail website is down at the moment. When you search for your code and it is not found, there is an FAQ link, click that and there is a contact us link within there somewhere, that takes you straight to the address enquiry team. Alternatively try ringing 08456 011110 who deal with this kind of query.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?