post-defragmenting question

AJ28 12:39 13 May 2007

I was running the disk defragmenter yesterday and it was taking a long long time... anyway i went to bed and left it on doing over night
unfortunatly i woke up and the laptop had turned itself off
im hoping its turned itself off due to endless hours of inactivity, its a laptop, and i turned off all the settings which turn itself off however, but it may still have, i even left the lid open in order to keep it on.
Anyway i wonder if there is a way of seeing if it did actually finish? or possibly a way to view the report?

hzhzhzhz 12:42 13 May 2007

analyze, to see any fragmentation left.

skidzy 12:44 13 May 2007

If your defrag took such a long time,im guessing there are a lot of unwanted temp files etc.
Try running ccleaner first click here then disc cleanup,reboot and run your defrag.

I agree the laptop has gone to sleep due to inactivity.You should be able to change the power settings within control panel.

AJ28 13:05 13 May 2007

thankyou both of you, i never thought of analysing when it was the obvious answer lol, but anyway it says i "do not need to degrag this volume" which i assume means it finished
i shall try ccleaner at a later date and defrag it again anyway, thanks alot

sunny staines 13:54 13 May 2007

try useing free trial of diskkeeper defrag i am using it at present, vry fast also defrags in the background.

click on icon at bottom of this page togo to their web and download free trial.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache