Possibly moving to a PC without M$ Office!

wee eddie 13:32 24 Jun 2004

It is possible that I shall shortly be loosing my access to M$ Office and will therefor have to find another (considerably cheaper) Office Suite.

That should not be a problem as I have used Ability for some years.

However, I shall miss Outlook.

Any ideas as to what Diary/Contacts/Time Management software I should use and more importantly: a piece of software can I export my Contacts to: Lock, Stock and Barrel? Preferably something that will just load and install Outlook.pst file.

thms 13:52 24 Jun 2004

Try this don't know what it is like but seemingly "Imports appointments and task list from Outlook" click here

Simsy 13:56 24 Jun 2004

about importing the .pst file, but the EasyOffice suite has a comprehensive contacts manager... might be worth a look

click here

It's generally a very good suite... different to, but no better or worse, IMHO, than Ability, (Which I use the database component of).

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

wee eddie 19:49 25 Jun 2004

Easy Office looks OK, but there must be others out there.

Any suggestions welcome and will be investigated.

Pesala 21:06 25 Jun 2004

I'm sure you have thought of Open Office, but have you tried exporting your contacts from Outlook in *.csv format? Surely that is possible. Then you could get them into other programs such as Lotus Organiser.

sicknote 21:12 25 Jun 2004

Have you tried looking at PDA software because with that you can import/export between PDA and PC,Maybe something like this as an example

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:13 25 Jun 2004

You are welcome to have my copy of Ability Office FOC.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:14 25 Jun 2004

Ooops! Too many whisky's...that should be Star Office. ;-))

G

wee eddie 10:34 26 Jun 2004

before a decision becomes necessary.

Thanks for everyones input

Belatucadrus 13:43 26 Jun 2004

click here iScribe is a neat e-mail prog than can import outlook mail addresses and contacts, also incorporates spam filtration, calendar and limited appointments. Only 716Kb for the free version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017