Possibly a daft question about using a printer....

Cybermaxx 20:07 28 Apr 2006

.........but supposing there was a web page that was several screens deep, containing lots of images with text beside each image. Is it possible to somehow isolate a single image and it's text and print it out without printing everything on that page?

For example

click here

How would I isolate and print just one of those items?

Giggle n' Bits 20:40 28 Apr 2006

If I am thinking what you want then right click the area from a web page and copy the picture from that page into a black document. Usually a page is made up of Blocks like the PCA Banner at the top of the forum page right clicking it gives you the option to Save picture as & at x location.

If I am on the wrong lines then sorry.

ade.h 21:19 28 Apr 2006

Click and drag. You can highlight text and nearby images. Then print the selection; select Print... from the file menu and check the Selection radio button.

remind 22:30 28 Apr 2006

Take a screenshot and print that? Prtscrn key and paste into Paint or click here

BRYNIT 23:43 28 Apr 2006

If you are using IE7 highlight the selection. File/print preview will show you what is to be printed you can then print.

Cybermaxx 19:34 29 Apr 2006

I normally use Firefox, but I can switch to IE. Right, thanks for the replies. All useful.

tonyq 20:19 29 Apr 2006

Highlight the text- right click - left click "Copy". Right click to paste into a "Word Document"

Right click on the "Picture"-left click to "Copy". Right click paste into the "Word Document"

Print out the Word Document.

ade.h 23:05 29 Apr 2006

Cybermaxx - The instructions that I gave apply to Firefox, so you have no need to return to IE.

DieSse 15:17 30 Apr 2006

I find the simplest way is to use a screen capture program - you can select anything you want from the srceen by drawing a box round it with the cursor - then print or save it.

I use this with WinXP and it never lets me down. click here MWSnap version3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)